June 6, 2020
Campuses are open and are offering limited instruction and lab opportunities. Some instruction remains online. Please contact your campus if you need information on your course schedule. Social distancing protocols are in place. Please do not visit the campus if you:
- Are currently experiencing or displaying, or you have in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, any of the following symptoms:
- Elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 F or higher
- Shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Persistent headaches
- Have in the last 14 days had any close contact with anyone who is either confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19, including anyone who was experiencing or displaying any of the known symptoms of COVID-19
- Have in the last month traveled to a restricted area.
Contact the campus for guidance should any of the above statements apply to you. Thursday, April 2, 2020 The Order that was issued by the Governor of Florida and that becomes effective on April 3, 2020 will have the following impact on Southern Technical College:
- Continuing students WILL start back to school on April 6, 2020. All continuing students will be enrolled in online courses and instructors will be available during scheduled class time.
- New students WILL be able to start school on April 6, 2020. All new students will be enrolled in online courses and instructors will be available during scheduled class time.
- Students should contact the campus if they have any questions about accessing their courses or about their schedule.
- Contact information for all campuses is found at southerntech.edu.
- Students may also reach out directly to their instructor, admissions representative or any member of the team.
- The campuses will be closed to the public for the duration of the Order, but all departments will be available virtually for normal activities, to include answering questions, processing transcripts, assisting with job searches, aiding externs, and helping students to complete the enrollment process. Contact the campus should you need assistance.
We plan to move online courses back to face-to-face courses, and to open the campuses to the public again, as soon as it is safely possible. Please keep in touch so you are aware of any changes.
Monday, March 23, 2020
For the week of March 23, 2020: Final exams will be administered online. Students who are not able to complete their final exam remotely can come to campus. Computer labs will be available. Faculty and staff will also be on campus. Students in programs that have a practical lab component as part of the final exam should already have a testing schedule. If you do not, or if you are unable to come to campus for the practical component, please contact your instructor or your campus.
For students in Medical Assisting, Electrical Technology, HVAC, Veterinary Assisting and Welding programs, lab activities will be available during the week of March 23, 2020. Contact your instructor or campus if you are unsure of when your activities will be available, or if you are unable to come to campus for lab activities. Appropriate social distancing will be in place for all campus based activities.
Monday, March 16, 2020
In an effort to continue to provide a safe learning environment for all of our students and for our staff and faculty, we have determined that effective Tuesday March 17, 2020 most courses will be moved online through the end of the term. There are some courses that have a lab component that will require classroom attendance once or twice during the next two weeks. These lab sessions will be conducted with awareness of social distancing and will involve only small groups of students.
The schedule of your particular course will be provided to you on March 16, 2020. If you are not on campus on that day, or are not sure about your schedule, contact your instructor or the Director of Education immediately. Important phone numbers and email addresses to help you stay in contact with the campus will be distributed and are available ONLINE.
Friday, March 13, 2020
Southern Technical College is closely monitoring information regarding the Coronavirus as it is made available. The health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority and we are committed to taking appropriate steps to maintain a safe environment.
At this time, our campuses remain open. If that situation changes, we will post that information here. If students have questions about their courses or about the status of their campus, they should contact their campus directly.
Students: Please do not come to campus if you are sick. Contact your instructor or your Director of Education and they will help you to arrange make up work. If you are not sick but are unable to attend for a reason related to the Coronavirus, such as having to care for a sick family member, please contact the campus so they can help you stay current in your courses.
As we all know, the Coronavirus situation changes daily. We will remain in touch in the coming days as more information becomes available or impacts us in any way. In the meantime, take care of yourself and your communities, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with your campus with any additional concerns or questions.
This situation remains fluid. Students should maintain contact with their campus and refer to the website to ensure they have current information on campus operations.