Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technician Program
Southern Technical College offers a Medical Laboratory Technician program that may be for you, if you have an interest in how the human body works and a desire to help others. Medical lab technicians collect, examine and analyze blood, urine, body fluids, cells and tissues of the human body. Results from these analyses assist physicians in the diagnosis, care and treatment of the patient.
- Can be completed in 24 months
- Consists of hands-on instruction from experienced professionals
- Offers flexible scheduling. Day and evening classes available
- A set of required materials and textbooks are provided at no additional cost
- Externship that allows you to apply learned skills and competencies
- Graduates are eligible to sit for a national certification exam
Why Southern Technical College:
- Day and evening classes available
- Small class sizes
- Faculty of industry professionals
- Resume building and interviewing prep
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
In this Medical Laboratory Technician program, you can learn to use a variety of equipment and the methodologies of hematology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, immunoserology and immunohematology. Upon graduation, you must pass a national certification exam and obtain licensure before seeking employment as a lab technician. Licensed Medical Laboratory Technicians may find employment opportunities in a variety of healthcare settings such as hospitals, medical clinics and outpatient care centers.
The fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Allied Health Career Training Readiness score now.
If you’re considering earning your Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology, it’s time to get started at Southern Technical College. Contact us to learn more.