Associate’s Degree in Nursing
Today’s nurses play a crucial role in the healthcare system. People in need of medical attention rely on nurses not only for their extensive nursing knowledge, but also for their support and caring nature. If you have a natural inclination to help others and a desire to work in the healthcare field, our Associate’s degree in Nursing is for you.
- ACEN Accredited
- Can be completed in less than 2 years
- Consists of hands-on instruction from experienced professionals
- Offers flexible scheduling. Day and evening classes available
- A set of required materials and textbooks are provided at no additional cost
Why Southern Technical College:
- Day and evening classes available
- Small class sizes
- Faculty of industry professionals
- Resume building and interviewing prep
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
Nursing Curriculum Overview
At Southern Technical College, our Associate’s Degree in Nursing program can be completed in less than two years and is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing. In the Nursing degree program, you will receive specialized training in critical care. Upon graduation, you’ll be eligible to take the National Council Licensing Exam (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse. After passing the exam, you can seek employment in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, physician’s offices, and more.
EOPSLO (End of Program Student Learning Outcomes)
- Apply the nursing process in the care of the client.
- Promote a safe and effective care environment.
- Collaborate in the promotion and maintenance of client health in inter-disciplinary and intra-disciplinary teams
- Provide nursing care that supports the emotional, mental, and social well-being of the client, while demonstrating cultural competence.
- Use evidence-based practice to manage physiological integrity of the client across the lifespan.
- Prioritize client care using clinical reasoning and decision-making skills.
Are You Ready for a Career in Nursing? Find Out!
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report which identifies your strengths and social style. Plus you will discover the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Nursing Career Training Readiness score now.
If you’re considering nursing programs, contact Southern Technical College today to learn more about our Associate’s degree in Nursing.
The Associate of Science Nursing program at Southern Technical College at the Fort Myers campus located in Fort Myers, FL is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 https://www.acenursing.org/
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate of Science in Nursing program is Initial Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm.
Notice to students and prospective students: The Associate of Science in Nursing program at Southern Technical College – Fort Myers, FL has been placed on probation by the Florida Board of Nursing, due to noncompliance with its first time NCLEX passage rate standard.