Thank you for looking at our opportunity for an Admissions Representative. We are now accepting resumes for Admissions Representatives to join our Team of Professionals in Tampa, FL.
Southern Technical College offers Diplomas, Associate’s and Bachelor degrees and specializes in allied health, business and applied technology programs. The college is licensed by the state of Florida, approved by the Department of Education, and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- This is a non-exempt fulltime position where the annual compensation is in the $40-$50k a year range.
- Benefit options include major medical/ hospitalization, dental, and optical as well as paid holiday and vacations.
Admissions Representatives interview candidates who may be interested in furthering their education. A successful Admissions Representative must be a self-starter, who enjoys helping people. Some of the skills and traits required for the position include:
- This is an inside recruiting position working in an office setting; not a call center environment.
- Extensive phone work making out-bound calls and taking in-bound calls.
- Strong appointment setting and interviewing skills.
- 80% of the leads needed are generated by college advertising the other 20% come from referrals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Strong ethical core.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Qualified Candidates must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Having a college degree is a plus, but not mandatory.
Candidates who work in the following fields have historically succeeded at transitioning to college admissions work:
- Insurance Sales
- Health Club Sales
- Retail Sales