Southern Technical College is seeking an Admissions Representative.
Admissions Representatives interview candidates who may be interested in furthering their education. A successful Admissions Representative must be a self-starter, who enjoys helping people. Some of the skills and traits required for the position include:
- This is an inside recruiting position working in an office setting; not a call center environment.
- Extensive phone work making out-bound calls and taking in-bound calls.
- Strong appointment setting and interviewing skills.
- 80% of the leads needed are generated by college advertising the other 20% come from referrals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Strong ethical core.
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Qualified Candidates must be a high school graduate (or equivalent). Having a college degree is a plus, but not mandatory.
Candidates who work in the following fields have historically succeeded at transitioning to college admissions work:
- Insurance Sales
- Health Club Sales
- Retail Sales
- This is a non-exempt full-time position where the annual compensation is in the $40-$50k a year range.
- Benefit options include major medical/ hospitalization, dental, and optical as well as paid holiday and vacations.