Adjunct Faculty – Nursing
Adjunct Nursing faculty are a valuable member of the STC family. We are looking for you if you desire to contribute to education and clinical training that will prepare the next generation of nurses. Faculty members are accountable to the Director of Nursing for the implementation of the approved curriculum based on the mission and philosophy of the nursing program and the College. They provide students with opportunities to acquire the knowledge and practice the skills identified in course objectives using varied and appropriate teaching methods. They plan learning activities to meet program outcomes based on the standards set by policies, legal and other regulatory requirements, and acceptable practice. Faculty also participates in the program’s evaluation and continuous improvement process and engages in personal professional development.
- Completion of an approved professional nursing education program.
- A current active unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state in which the program is located or multi-state privilege to practice in state.
- A bachelor degree in nursing from an accredited program required.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical skills. *Excellent teaching and classroom management skills.
- Functional abilities to carry out classroom, clinical and laboratory teaching responsibilities Competence in clinical skills in areas of teaching.
- Competent in personal computer applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email.
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screening, required immunizations, current CPR and HIPAA certifications.