Southern Technical College is growing!
We are now accepting resumes for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Instructor to join our Team of Professionals in Tampa, FL
Southern Technical College offers Diplomas and Associate’s degrees and specializes in allied health, business and applied technology programs. The college is licensed by the state of Florida, approved by the Department of Education, and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
JOB OBJECTIVES:To carry out a variety of instructional duties that will assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
• Instruct students in the Ultrasound lab and in the classroom
• Teach students scanning techniques and approaches
• Monitor students scanning progress
• Evaluate student progress and assist with student growth and success with scanning
• Participate in faculty meetings and advisory board meetings
• Participate with developing and/or updating syllabi, training methods, and evaluation material
• Maintain continuous medical education requirements for ARDMS
• Improve and modify program to maintain successful development and growth of the program
• Must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree.
• Must possess ARDMS credentials in Abdomen and OB/GYN
• A minimum of four (4) years clinical work experience in the field of Sonography
• Teaching experience preferred but not required
• Proficiency in instruction, supervision, evaluation
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
• Evidence of continual professional development and the ability to do continuous scholarly or creative activity
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Ability to conduct normal classroom / and hands on lab courses including operation on sonography equipment. Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift fifty (50) pounds. This may include lifting, pulling, bending and squatting.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC:Have the ability to proofread, good language and grammatical skills; and a good knowledge of the English language. The job requires good organization skills; operational and interpretative skills of equipment used in the department. Have thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations as associated with courses taught in their respective discipline. Professional dress and demeanor is necessary along with a professional and positive attitude. Willingness to work and be supportive with other faculty within the College is required.
To learn more about us: http://www.southerntech.edu
Please email résumé, unofficial transcripts, and salary requirements